Friday, August 8, 2008

An Evening Prayer

a



A prayer for closing.

Reflection and Repose

The day has been and gone
And left its kiss upon my skin.

I take this moment to pause
And consider the words of the morning.

I am. You are. We are.
The All. The Creator. The One.

I discovered you in the dappled light.
I lived your essence in my breath.
I gave thanks for the earth’s gifts.
I took another step on my journey.

I’ve cared for my body.
I’ve lived the interchange of opposites
in my breath and with my senses.
Thank you for all that I have.



In giving thanks I salute your gift of life.

Let my actions that were given with love
Spread like wild flowers upon a field.

Let me forgive my lapses,
And accept my humanity.

Love is the language of a positive life.
Let me contemplate my action.

Let me speak, act and think with love,
Especially to myself.

I am. You are. We are.
The All. The Creator. The One.

No comments: