Sunday, September 19, 2010

Awaken!



I woke from dreams
where righteous mothers
beat their daughters
the bones quietly bending. 

I said, Dreamer
Awaken from shoulds
ideas of right
the falseness of words on words.

My feet hit the 
cold floor as I stood.
Flash of face
repeat of the same events.

Dreamer! I said
You are trapped here too
another dream.
Dream within a dream within.

Life, sweet Life is. 
Now, here, awaken!
Follow the thought 
to its place of origin.

Its only here
in the pulse of now
where the dream stops;
Silence embraces stillness.

And so much more
and less than I thought. 
A thought can not 
embark on this now journey. 

I woke from dreams
where thought ruled supreme,
painting pictures;
the good, the bad, the ugly.






Photo: Tiffany Jones  (Australia, 2009)

No comments: