Friday, July 8, 2011

Post 39 - Nothing to Lose (My last post for #Trust30

Nothing to Lose by Tanner Christensen

“Self-censorship is not just self-betrayal and self-abandonment (which would be bad enough), but soul-betrayal and betrayal of our Muse, out inner voice, our highest self.”
Too often we censor ourselves, our actions, and our work in hope or fear of what might happen if we otherwise don’t. What words would you write today, and what actions would you take, if you had nothing to fear, nothing to lose?
I would write: You are all trapped in the web of your mind and your arrogance and near sighted view of the world is what is making this world what it is. No amount of hoping is going to make it any different.  No amount of sales shopping will make it any different.  No amount of complaining will make a difference.  But I write and say that anyway, because I am not afraid, and I have nothing to lose. 
If I could do anything I wanted, and I'm going to do that in about 36 hours, then I would sit very still, very still, very still. And I would breathe deeply. And I would open every cell in my body to the moment that is alive right now, and I would listen deeply.  
I have nothing to lose. 
(this is the last post for the series I started over a month ago. Thank you to everyone who participated.) 

No comments: