Monday, August 10, 2009

Fear of Consciousness


Fear of Consciousness

What are we so afraid of?

Afraid that what we say matters more than we think.

Afraid that we will have to be responsible for what we do to others.

Afraid that every breath counts.

Afraid to be One with the moment.

Afraid of what that means.

Afraid of the self and giving up its petty ways.

Afraid of the Self and putting discipline into the back pack.

Afraid of being conscious.

Afraid that the past was purely fear.

Afraid to face ourselves.

Afraid to turn to face the truth.

Afraid of caring – that much.

Afraid.

What are you afraid of?

2 comments:

elizabethtool said...

I didn't know there was more to this when you put it on Facebook. Afraid of Divine love...because it hurts..afraid of the shift in thinking that will change the world I live in...even though I complain and worry about it a lot!! I love what I am used to...and what if the world disappears...

ordinary sparrow said...

afraid of awareness. . .what funny creatures we are. . .i really enjoy your poems. . .this one reminded me of a puppy or a kitten the first time they see themselves in a mirror. . .