Thursday, December 2, 2010

Finding the Commons in our Unity



In striving to recognize the primacy of Fire and Light,
I feel kinship with my Zoroastrian brothers and sisters.

In striving to obey the Ten Commandments,
I feel kinship with my Jewish brothers and sisters.

In striving to be kind to neighbor and the needy,
I feel kinship with my Christian brothers and sisters.

In striving to be compassionate to creatures great and small,
I feel kinship with my Buddhist-Jaina brothers and sisters.

In striving to surrender myself completely to God Almighty,
I feel kinship with my Muslim brothers and sisters.

In the recognition that wisdom flows from enlightened masters,
I feel kinship with my Sikh brothers and sisters.

In remembering that serving people should be the goal of religion,
I feel kinship with my Baha'i brothers and sisters.

In my respect and reverence for Nature that sustains us,
I feel kinship with my Native American brothers and sisters.

In feeling that these and more are all paths to the same Divinity,
I feel kinship with my Hindu brothers and sisters.

In my love and laughter, joy and pain,
I feel kinship with all my fellow humans.
In my need for nourishment and instinct to live on,
I feel kinship with all beings on the planet.
In my spiritual ecstasy with this wondrous world,
I feel kinship with the Cosmic Whole.

No comments: