I have a plan.
A plan to shock and shift the values in our society.
I am researching the commons in our unity. The fabrications, the illusions, the positives, the negatives.
When I have a handful of strings from the diversity of thought from systems like politics, economics, psychologists, scientists, I will draw them together and weave a strong rope.
These strings will represent the strong undercurrent of sweeping social change I can feel emerging with every beat of my heart.
We will focus our energies on the things we have in common.
- Our belief in making decisions based on our long term happiness over short term pleasure
- Our commitment to understanding our responsibility in our position of affluence
- Our belief in living our ‘ideals’ – authenticity
- Our commitment to humanities future through caring for and forging stronger, supportive relationships to our children
- Our understanding of the environmental crisis we are facing with countries such as India and China desiring to consume as much as we do, and understanding our entire system needs overhauling if we are to survive
Take a look at www.wellbeingmanifesto.net for more ideas.
Because we are ugly. We are superficial. We are disillusioned. We are depressed. We are alcoholics. We are drug addicts. We don’t care. We try retail therapy. We try binge drinking. We try buying more. We numb our brain with TV, computers, sex, romance, music and more shopping. We try screaming. We try not giving a damn. We try to blind ourselves with the flag. We try to drink more. We are angry. We are sad. We can’t believe it . We hate life. We are hurt. We can’t go on. We go missing. We want to escape. We are chained. We are hypnotized by the TV telling us that we must be young, pretty/handsome, rich. People disappoint us. Politicians disappoint us. We laugh so as not to cry. That we must buy this car, this mobile, this hairstyle, this magazine. We try divorce, we try to be single, we try to suicide. We hate our friends and our families. We think the world sucks.
And it does. It really does.
The only way to stop it, is for you to stop it. The only way.
Stop the lies, the deceit, the hurt in your own soul. Turn off the TV. Use your internet time with thought instead of feeling ‘trapped’ by it. Its all up to you.
And I believe in the power of you. I believe it, because the alternative is too terrible for me contemplate. I am blind. Blinded by my faith in humanity. In its ability to grow and develop and learn from its mistakes.
And all it takes, is for you to believe too. And then, I am a we. And we, together, can make a difference.