Friday, June 10, 2011

Post 11 - My Divine Idea



Divine Idea by Fabian Kruse

Imitation is Suicide. Insist on yourself; never imitate. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Write down in which areas of your life you have to overcome these suicidal tendencies of imitation, and how you can transform them into a newborn you – one that doesn’t hide its uniqueness, but thrives on it. There is a “divine idea which each of us represents” – which is yours?
I can't really relate to this topic. I have felt like an outsider for most of my life and have been referred to as 'strange' by just about everyone.  I used to abhor the 'normal' and fear the 'mass'. Meaning, I couldn't understand why girls only talked about boys, their nails and pop stars, and boys talked about football, female genitalia and ?? I don't know what else they talk about...   cars?? Anyway, it seemed to me insane and I never wanted to be like anyone I ever knew. I have always fought for one's right to 'be' rather than be subservient to social pressure.
My struggle has been more to do with not needing to express my 'difference' in all ways, including hair, clothes, inappropriate questions and occasional  radical behaviour. I see value in looking like everyone else sometimes. Many people listen more to someone like themselves rather than to someone who looks like they are 'against' everything. (I have a lot more to say on this subject buy I'm rather rushed for time.)  Until tomorrow,. 

1 comment:

Rich P. said...

Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on this. Initially, it seems like you are "at the crossroads" on this, not certain of how to decide. Very interesting!