Saturday, June 11, 2011

Post 12 - Fear


These are the voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter into the world. Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of every one of its members. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Is fear holding you back from living your fullest life and being truly self expressed? Put yourself in the shoes of the you who’s already lived your dream and write out the answers to the following:
Will the blunder matter in 10 years? Or 10 weeks? Or 10 days? Or 10 minutes?Can you be happy being anything less than who you really are?
Is the insecurity you’re defending worth the dream you’ll never realize? or the love you’ll never venture? or the joy you’ll never feel?
Now Do. The Thing. You Fear.
One of the biggest fears I have is that I will believe the hatred, fear and arrogance I read in other people's faces.  I can see through my own beliefs but sometimes the down right violence of another's attitude can pierce my heart and I almost fall victim to believing their pain. It's a strong moment of empathy and I'm happy to get to the other side of it once they have walked on by. 
Again, I have to thank you for your suggestions, but I have no intention of believing the nonsense other people believe. 

No comments: