Thursday, June 16, 2011

Post Seventeen - Invent the Future


Invent the Future by Cindy Gallop

A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the lustre of the firmament of bards and sages. Yet he dismisses without notice his thought, because it is his. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
My favorite quote of all time is Alan Kay: ‘In order to predict the future, you have to invent it.’ I am all about inventing the future. Decide what you want the future to be and make it happen. Because you can. Write about your future now.
My future is being an empty chalice ready and waiting for the flash of light from within and only moving from this source.  In some way, this is the same action, that is non-action. It is the eternal Tao and it is the spark of life.
My future is when I have fully and totally surrendered to life at every moment. I have agreed wholeheartedly, without one speck of resentment, and I have engaged with life as it is.  
My future is now. 

1 comment:

Rich P. said...

I understand that I don't understand. And that is perfectly fine; all is well.
I feel your words!