Sunday, June 12, 2011

Post Thirteen - Surprise


I will not hide my tastes or aversions. I will so trust that what is deep is holy, if we follow the truth, it will bring us out safe at last. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Think of a time when you didn’t think you were capable of doing something, but then surprised yourself.  How will you surprise yourself this week?
Today I'm so stuck with the question that I will just focus on the Emerson quote for my response. 
I agree, that we must not hide our tastes or aversions, especially to ourselves. It's important to know ourselves and what drives the will.  But I think there is a big difference between our personality's whims and the 'truth' that is deep within us.  I do think, if we are honest with ourselves, and do not hide from the ups and downs, our likes and dislikes and we face it all squarely, and with deep acceptance, then yes, we will come out 'safe' at last. 

No comments: