Friday, July 31, 2009

But I Don't Love


Each step I take I see that I am checked.

I say ‘drown me in your Love’

But I do not love.

I hold back in fear of not getting my bit.


I say ‘forgive me! Forgive me my darkened heart’

But truly, I’m not so sure I forgive.

I see the shadows of remembered slights.


I say ‘wash away my mind of arrows’

But I carry the quiver behind me.

Bitterness twists my upper lip.


And You say –

My Love. Lift your head.

Its one thing to give your Heart,

And another to act upon your giving.

One step at a time.


Let me wash you with My Bliss.

Let me shower you in My Love.


And, one step at a time,

You will clear the construction of your mind.

You will see through the eyes of your heart.

You will see without more willing, you are

Already Drowned, Forgiven and Washed.


Be still. Be with me. Feel the Pulse of Love.

No comments: