Sunday, July 5, 2009

Invitation to Reaffirm your Sadhana


7th of July 2009 Full Moon

Invitation to Begin or Reaffirm Your Sadhana

Sadhana is a Sanskrit word for spiritual practice.

In two days we have a full moon. On this full moon, I invite you to dedicate yourself to your spiritual exercise with the opportunity of a new start.

Traditionally this phase of the moon heralds a new start, dedication to your discipline, your teacher and to the great sage Veda Vyasa.

If you would like to take the opportunity you can do so in anyway you feel comfortable.

Some ideas :

Light a candle

Say a prayer

Awaken early (4am is suggested in traditional texts!)

Write your self a commitment

Practice with a friend

Vow to yourself to dedicate yourself to your practice

Reminder :

Vow something that you can keep. If it means saying ‘I’m going to practice to the best of my ability, when I can.’ Then say that.

However, don’t say ‘I’m going to practice every day for an hour’ and then be unable to stay the course. Know yourself and give yourself achievable aims. You only disappoint yourself if you aim too high and you lose your personal integrity.

Links to explore :

Significance of the Guru-Purnima Day

The Guru Purnima

2 comments:

Melita said...

thank you for this post. it really resonated with me!

Tiffany at Patheya said...

Hi Melita,
Yes! There is something big this full moon.
I'm so glad you found it.
There are ten or so people I know who will dedicate themselves tomorrow. I'm in the middle of writing my 'vow' now. :)
Blessings